Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mark 11, v 24-25

Yes I am behind in my reading, but catching up today and finding verses that I have not heard for a while but am reading now and reflecting on them. This one is what I would consider a common verse but one definitely worth repeating and remembering: "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, BELIEVE that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins." We all know that forgiveness is not easy sometimes, but to know that is what God tells us to do makes that forgiveness worth doing! I myself had held a grudge against someone for 20 years for the way they treated me back in school...well let me tell you that just a few months ago I confronted them and this person did not think it was a big deal, they joked about it and said "well we were young back then".... I just had to tell her how I felt, and know that I have now forgiven her for her actions and it feels good to not have that grudge in my heart against her any longer. Is there hurt still? YES, but is it worth not forgiving her and being left out of God's wishes for us? NO!

No comments:

Post a Comment