Friday, February 12, 2010

Luke 1 & 2

Mary's confidence in verse 38 is one I wish I could have more of.When Gabriel told her of her upcoming pregnancy and that God had found favor with her..her comment was " May it be to me as you have said"...she had faith, she believed that it would be as he said. Many times our faith withers, imagine if we had a Gabriel on our shoulders (so to speak)and we had such faith right away to believe what was said and not question or worry! , verse 45 "Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished".. FAITH!!!
I like the side note/story in my bible regarding Luke 2, verse 46, where Mary and Jospeh had traveled for a whole day before realizing that their son, Jesus was not with them..They had left him behind. Sometimes we do the same thing...we move ahead with our own plans without waiting on God. It isn't that he leaves us on purpose but that we are in such a hurry to move on that we don't take the time to stop and listen to his word or his will~ Any many times when we do this we later realize that we need to go back and re-trace our steps, that our way (without him) is not or did not work as we may have planned!! Our goal in our mind, might lie clearly ahead of us, it might be exactly what we've always wanted, but we need to realize that we can't go at it any faster than God wants us to or he might not be there with us! Are you rushing through life on your own plans or are you waiting on God's wisdom and peace for you? I know I must learn to be more patient and re-reading this section and putting in this blog has made me step back and think about learning to slow down and Listen for God's instructions! I encourage all of us to do the same!

1 comment: