Friday, February 12, 2010

Matthew continues...

Matthew 13 has stood out with 2 different spots for me...One is verse 37-"The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man". I have never related this verse to the saying "oh he's (or she's) a bad seed...it just has never hit me until now, I know next time I hear it, I will pray for that person and remember this verse! Verse 40 &41 say " at the end of the age the Son of Man will send out angels and they will weed out everything that causes sin and all who do evil"...this is where the "bad seed" fits in.
Matthew 13 also spoke to me about "Hidden Treasures"...Salvation is a treasure, it can not be purchased, nothing will buy it and no one can earn it. This statement makes me think of those who say "Why yes, I'm going to Heaven, I've been a GOOD person." That is their belief that they are earning their way there. Salvation is only granted as a free gift, a treasure- the Treasure of life and truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment